Being raised in a small town in Southeast Ohio, certainly reflects the style of the music that Jimmy shares. Being dubbed as, "Mr. Country Grass," Jimmy soon discovered that this was the style of music that best fit him. "I was raised around bluegrass and acoustic music my whole life." "When I was a kid, family get togethers, reunions, holidays, and such, was full of my family "pickin' and grinin'." This style of music goes so perfectly with Jimmy's "down home" personality. Jimmy loves singing Gospel music and sharing the Good News of Jesus wherever he goes. "Jesus gave His life, the ultimate sacrifice, for me and all the world." "How can I not give Him my all as well." I'm here to share the greatest story ever told, and that's the story of Jesus." "About His saving grace and His love and mercy for us all." " We live in perilous times, the Word tells us that today is the day of Salvation. We must repent and be forgiven of our sins in order to gain Heaven. There is no other way to Heaven but through Jesus, I pray you know Him Today!"
Along with keeping a full singing schedule, Jimmy works full time as a cook at a Christian Pre-school. He loves spending time with his family and friends and just living life to the fullest. He also enjoys writing songs. "I'm so very blessed by all that the Lord has given me, it's my calling to share the Good News and love that He has so unselfishly given to me." "I pray to see you out and about somewhere on my journey. God bless you all and keep you in His loving care."
- GIVEN NAME: James Dean Howson
- NICKNAME: JD, Jimmy & Jimbo
- MARITAL STATUS: Single
- CHILDREN: None
- FAVORITE SONG: He's Been There For Me by The McKameys
- FAVORITE BOOK: BIBLE
- FAVORITE SCRIPTURE: Proverbs 17:17 (Look It Up!!)
- FAVORITE GUY SINGER: Arthur Rice (Kingdom Heirs), Justin McBride (Judd), Ronnie Milsap, Andy Davis (Bub)
- FAVORITE GIRL SINGER: Rhonda Vincent (The Queen of Bluegrass) Lee Ann Womack
- FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT: Cracker Barrel, Chedders Any thing my Momma makes
- FAVORITE FOOD: Any Comfort food, Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Noodles, Cheese
- FAVORITE PAST TIME: Laughing, hanging with my best friends, Andy (Bub),CJ & Justin (Judd) singing harmony
- HOBBIES & INTERESTS: Music, Collecting CDs and Old Vinyl Albums, Going to the Junk Store, writing songs
- BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW: I'm a cook at a Christian Pre-school